"If you talked to your friends the way you talk to yourself, how many friends would you have?"I recently wrote a post on negative self talk...check it out. In short, one negative thought snowballs into an avalanche of negative thoughts which leads to the bad behavior that landed me here in this predicament. Sooooo...to combat those destructive thoughts I do the following:
- Look in the mirror.
- Say something positive.
I realized two basic choices exist:
- I can sit here and whine like a little biyotch about being fat and do nothing (I know that sounds harsh)!
- OR I can CHANGE and do something about it.
- generate the power within myself to turn my intentions into reality AND make the CHANGES I want in MY LIFE!
- Be proactive and not wait for things to happen...MAKE THEM HAPPEN!!!
- BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL, I HAVE THE POWER (Who remembers He-Man and the Masters of the Universe...the origin of this quote?)! I refuse to relinquish my power! No one can make me feel bad about myself unless I give up MY POWER.
"CHANGE will NOT occur until the PAIN of staying the way we are exceeds the PAIN OF CHANGE."~Churchill