Monday, January 4, 2010

Me. . . Brown-Bag-It? Ummm. . . no ma'am.

In keeping with my planning goal, I already packed my breakfast, lunch and snacks for tomorrow. So what does a jazzy chick like me pack her lunch in you ask? Well it just so happens, that today I graduated from carrying my Bento "laptop lunch box"(pictured below) to...
my new chic, JAZZY lunch TOTE. Check it out BAM!!!
My mom gave it to me for Christmas after I complained about my small Bento lunchbox. So bloggers, what's inside Me So Hongry's jazzy lunch tote?
MONDAY
Breakfast:
Black Bean Omelet

Lunch:Cheesy Chicken & Pasta w/ Broccoli- 3 oz of grilled chicken breast, a bunch of broccoli, 1/2 cup of whole wheat pasta, 28 oz cheese, and a little turkey broth (made from the carcass of my recycled Christmas turkey) to keep the dish juicy for reheating.

And of course a salad. I eat some form of a salad daily.

THE BEST ORANGE...EVER! This orange came straight from the tree, no trucks, no grocery store...from the tree to ME!

TUESDAY
Breakfast: Huevos Rancheros- 1 corn tortilla (on the bottom), 2 egg whites, scallions, 14 oz cheese, and an undisclosed amount of Arriba salsa. I put salsa on EVERYTHING!!

Lunch: Taco Turkey Soup-black beans, corn, recycled Christmas Turkey, spicy diced tomatoes, no salt added tomato sauce, taco seasoning (season to taste), scallions and 14 0z cheese. I made the stock from boiling the carcass of my Christmas turkey.

I made my own chips. Cut two corn tortillas into triangles, spray the tortillas on each side, sprinkle with a little sea salt and bake. These chips are not an exact science, so you may need to stand by the oven and peer inside frequently. If you walk away, you may BURN your chips.

Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing


Off Topic...HELP
!!
Please tell me your 3 favorite post.

17 comments:

  1. Hello! I was curious about what you used to spray your tortillas with before baking.

    Thanks! You meals look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. luv your new lunch bag! STYLIN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute, cute, cute bag. Your food pics look AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cheesy chicken, noodle and broccoli dish looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely LOVE your lunchbox!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving that lunchbag. and those lunch choices!
    that soup looked delish

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photographs are stunning!!! I feel like I really got a slice of your life and looks really, really lovely. You are sooo together!

    KUDOS Beautiful Lady!

    Denise Burks
    www.successfulweightlossinthesuburbs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the new lunch bag!! I am curious to see what you think of the laptop lunchbox. I was looking at it online but I wondered if there were any leaking issues. I hate leaky lunches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those Huevos Rancheros look DE-LISH. Now Im hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that's what I'm talkin' about! That food and your spiffy new lunchbox both look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi from SITS! You look like the kind of person who really enjoys your food- like me! I am starting a new raw food lifestyle this year and blogging about it as well. Find it on my bloglist on my profile if you like. Sometimes we just need a little support, don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your new lunch bag but I love how excited you were about your orange more!

    I am a fruit snob and only oranges when they are in season and fresh from the tree. Or in my case, the carton I had shipped to my home from the orange grove.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'm all about anything that's not a brown bag.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your food photos are beautiful and so appetizing! It appears that you really enjoy preparing healthful meals, which is great for you AND your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those food shots do look great! The secret is all about finding healthy foods you like, and eating those...it involves research.

    I can't get away with growing an orange tree up here in the Pacific Northwest - I have to buy oranges - but we've definitely got apples. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your lunch bag. I have been lusting after these for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. mmm! all of that looks so good. I might have to try a couple of these recipes.

    ReplyDelete

First off all, THANKS for stopping by and for those of you following...THANKS for following AND indulging my MADNESS. Please feel free to holla back or provide your 2¢. I WILL TRY to respond to ALL comments via email. AGAIN THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT!

Join the "CUTE as a BUNNY Weight Loss Challenge"

Join the "CUTE as a BUNNY Weight Loss Challenge"
Grab a Button!

Tales from the scale

Total Pageviews

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.