1. BAD DATES
When experiencing a bad date, make the best of it. And you do that by spending your dates money. And spending your dates money translates into A LOT of drinks in hopes that you erase the bad date from your memory. But we all know that alcohol consists of a bunch of empty calories, and it interferes with weight loss efforts. Alcohol pretty much negates all of your hard work.
2. BRAIN MALFUNCTIONS
Lately I seem to think with my nose, rather than my brain...which in turn leads to the infamous "My-Eyes-Are-Bigger-Than-My-Stomach-Syndrome!" Less is more...less IS more!
3. LEGALIZED CRACK HOUSES
On every corner I see legalized crack-houses, also referred to as a fast-food restaurants. *If you follow my blog, you already know...I ALWAYS compare my food addiction to drug addiction. Daily, the lure of local fast-food eateries entice me. I try to stay strong, and I often look to Hungry (who sits on top of my rear view mirror) for support.
Before I know it, reason #2 listed above occurs, and strangely enough, I find my car being pulled into the drive-thru by some unexplained gravitational force...its baffling!
And when I falter, I find Hungry looking on with disdain and disappointment. And I...well I just ignore Hungry and enjoy my drug of choice:-(
4. LSD, LAZY-SLACKER DISORDER
Do you suffer from LSD? LSD develops from being OVER IT!
Definition of over it: to want nothing to do with it; to not want to hear about it, see it, deal with it. NOTHING!!...OVER IT!
- EATING OUT at legalized crack-houses (see #3) instead of COOKING HEALTHY MEALS
- IGNORING food and beverage TRACKING responsibilities
- FAILING to plan weekly menu
- SKIPPING weekly grocery shopping excursions, which leads to more eating out.
- MISSING Weight Watchers meetings
- WEIGHT GAIN!
- Fast food containers in your trash can, as well as fast food receipts exploding from your purse
- Fridge and pantry bursting with processed and packaged crap
- Dents in your couch and bed from excessive napping
- Attend weekly Weight Watchers meetings
- Motivate my self with before/after mugshots
- Blog regularly (or try to...)
5. VACATIONS OR STAYCATION TO: DESTINATION...HELL
I often refer to the stressed out periods of my life as vacations (or in some cases staycations) to hell. Getting to the point...as some of you know, I teach. Well this year, I taught 1st grade for the first time. And this year, I went to hell and back and then back again. AND THEN, one time the DEVIL himself picked me up and we went around the block a few more times during my staycation in hell this school year.
Needless to say, the stress eating caused my weight to yo-yo up and down. I played with the same 5 lbs for several months, pretty much the whole school year.
The insurmountable amount of stress I experienced this year resulted in many sleepless nights. Some nights I stayed up watching movies on Netflix, talking on the phone, or surfing the net. According to the experts, a lack of sleep leads to a rise in Cortisol levels. High Cortisol levels causes me to crave salty french fries and other junk food high in calories. For those nights when I need to get to sleep I use the Ambiance App.
So, there you have it, 7 REASONS WHY I'M STILL WEARING A @#$%& SIZE 14! Really and truly, the number #1 reason...ME! I must NOT want THIS bad enough! What happened to my drive and determination?