Imma be...Imma be...Imma be at the Black Eyed Peas concert tomorrow night! BLACK EYED PEAS! THE PEAS! BEP!
Around this time in the city of Houston, the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo comes to town, and with it many country recording artist (not really a country music fan). In addition to the country singers, the rodeo designates nights for R&B, Tejano, and mainstream POP artist.
Normally I bypass the concerts and head straight to the carnival for funnel cake, but when I heard the lineup included the BEP...I jumped at the chance to see the Peas for the first time! The BEP dominate my workout play list, so hearing those songs in person will be a delightful treat!
Before I sign off, how bout some food for thought?
I found theses two bags of frozen veggies at HEB. You steam them in the microwave for 5 minutes and...voila! To add variety and bust food boredom, I started exploring the vegetables in the freezer section, and I found a section of sauced veggies containing small amounts of sodium.
The picture pales in comparison to the actual taste of the Italian Garden Medley.
I tried my hand at fish tacos. I used the Thin Mission Corn Tortillas (1pt) and 3 oz. of tilapia. I squeezed a little lime on my tacos to add a lil flava!
And last but not least my quesadilla made from recycled Mealz on Wheelz chicken. I used some leftover chicken my mom grilled.
- 2 Whole Wheat Carb Control Tortillas
- 3 oz of Grilled Chicken
- 1 slice of Weight Watchers Pepper Jack Cheese
- Spray a skillet and lay 1 tortilla on sprayed surface.
- Place 1/2 the slice of cheese on the tortilla, then layer the chicken.
- Place the remaining slice of cheese on the chicken and lay the other tortilla on top of the cheese and chicken.
- Spray the top of the tortilla you just layed on top of your chicken and cheese.
- Let the bottom tortilla brown and then flip. I like my tortillas crispy.
- Remove the quesadilla from the skillet and cut into 4 pieces with a pizza cutter.
Challenge Check In tomorrow...but in the mean time grab your buttons from HERE.