Monday, November 14, 2011

Fresh Start...

Saturday Morning I congregated with a few bloggy friends for our first meet-up EVER! 

A couple of them reprimanded me a few times for my lack of presence on Blogger. So, I had no choice but to come home and blog. Okay ladies, I hear you loud and clear. Look...I am blogging...lol.


I tried to explain, that my need to blog pretty much reflects the state of my weight loss efforts:

No blog post = no progress.

Long story short, I veered off path and got lost. But never fear my friends...


Last Saturday, November 12th, 2011 at 7:13 AM, I forgave myself for my recent weight loss transgressions and indiscretions. AND, I gave myself a FRESH START!


A fresh start in the form of a challenge...


"The I Am CrossFit Challenge"

Not familiar with CrossFit...click here.  Law enforcement agencies, fire departments, and military branches utilize CrossFit  as a form of training. Be afraid...be very afraid.

A coworker sent out an email informing the staff of the challenge. Being the competitive person that I am, I took the challenge as an opportunity to beat engage in a little friendly competition with my fellow colleagues.

If you know me, you know me + competition does not equal friendly. And I am a sore loser!

Initially, I considered the CrossFit Challenge as a competition between my coworkers and me. But after Day 2 of CrossFit, I now know that the challenge exist between Me, Myself, & I.

Day 1 of CrossFit put me to the test and pushed me to my limits. Yes, Day 1!

On the 1st day of the challenge I arrived at the facility bubbling with excitement. My excitement soon faded as the coaches explained the WOD (Workout of the Day) The WOD consisted of the exercises listed below using the following rep format 21/15/9:
  • squat thrust while pushing weights up as you ascend,
  • sumo squats
  • 7 burpees
  • run 200 meters
In short, the participants completed one rep of 21 (each squat), 7 burpees, and ran 200 meters.  We repeated the same pattern for a rep of 15, and 9.  By the end of the last rep my legs felt like J-E-L-L-O! And I did my absolute best to keep the vomit rising in my throat at bay.

O wait, did I mentioned that we executed dead-lifts prior to the WOD? And did I mention that I lifted 83 lbs? 

So, the Day 1 WOD also served as the challenge test. At the end the 8 week challenge the participants will perform the Day 1 WOD again to determine if our strength, flexibility, agility, endurance, speed, power, etc. increases.

Needless to say, I survived Day 1 and lived to blog about it...barely. Sitting, standing, and walking seemed like a painful chore.  I must admit, the handicap bar in the bathroom received quite a workout today. If it weren't for the handicap bar in the bathroom, I would still be sitting there...

in the bathroom...just sitting and waiting for help...

From now on, I should probably take my cell into the bathroom in case of an emergency. I can send out a distress SOS text.

If you need a a fresh start and welcome a new CHALLENGE in your life, try CrossFit...

Wait until you hear about Day 2!

4 comments:

  1. Damn Gina, now that's a workout. You will def see great results. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, I had contemplated trying Cross Fit a few times. The hot yoga studio that I am at gives a discount at Cross Fit.
    Sounds like you really worked hard and I am excited to hear about your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you're back in the game! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're making me ready to move to Texas already!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

First off all, THANKS for stopping by and for those of you following...THANKS for following AND indulging my MADNESS. Please feel free to holla back or provide your 2¢. I WILL TRY to respond to ALL comments via email. AGAIN THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT!

Join the "CUTE as a BUNNY Weight Loss Challenge"

Join the "CUTE as a BUNNY Weight Loss Challenge"
Grab a Button!

Tales from the scale

Total Pageviews

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.