Saturday, December 14, 2013

That moment when you look on the floor and find the patches you ironed onto your jeans...

As a somewhat "thick woman," I tend to carry most of my weight in my lower region. Unfortunately, my thick thighs rub together resulting in many pairs of ruined jeans. Last month I ran across a pair of jeans I stopped wearing due to thigh damage. I thought to myself, rather than toss a pair of perfectly good pants, I need to think of a solution to repair the areas ruined by my thigh rubbing. And so I did...IRON-ON PATCHES. 

So last week, I tried out my great idea of iron-on patches. I arrived at work and went about my day. After breakfast, I noticed the edges of the patches lifting off my jeans and starting to roll up.  After a few more hours of walking the edges rolled more. I started to panic...just a little. I started walking slower, clinching my thighs together to keep the patches from rolling any further. I'm sure that was a sight to behold. At one point I tried to glue the patches to my pants with Elmer's glue.  FAIL.

Towards the end of the day, I walked out of my classroom into the pod to retrieve some papers off the printer. When what to my wondering eyes should appear...MY PATCHES lying listlessly on the floor. In one swift move I scooped them up and went about my business. Needless to say the damn patches failed to get the job done. Any suggestions???

7 comments:

  1. Oh, no! You're better than me, at least you tried to repair. I, too, have much friction in the thigh region (thunda thighs!), but always just let it go. The moment I can see skin... it's over. I wash, cut up the pants and jeans for scrap dusters. Maybe this would work a little better, if they were sewn on patches?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No suggestions, because I can't stop laughing. I'm laughing because this has happened to me.
    I don't care anymore. I wear then until there is a whole in the pants. Once the wholels start to appear it's time for me to let them go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. I hate that. My weight is all in the thighs it seems, and I rub my jeans to death too.. I have no ideas, I've never been able to repair a pair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, the dreaded chub rub! I have lost many a pair of jeans in this way...RIP guys. There's no real solution, honestly, but I try and limit the amount of times I wear jeans because of this. If I'm just lazying around the house I wear loose pants rather than constantly wearing jeans. I thought I was the only one until a while ago! - Shana (http://hippotohot.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love using this blog to find recipes, workout ideas, and support from other people on the weight loss train with me! I am two months in on my journey with Plexus. I take plexus slim pink drink and plexus accelerator once a day. I've lost 19 lbs and 21" so far! I've tried everything before and this is the first supplement that has worked for me. I had it approved by my doctor before beginning. The products are all natural and super easy to use and lose weight! If you'd like more information on the product you can email me at Katelyn.middle@yahoo.com or visit my website www.kt10.myplexusproducts.com

    ReplyDelete

First off all, THANKS for stopping by and for those of you following...THANKS for following AND indulging my MADNESS. Please feel free to holla back or provide your 2¢. I WILL TRY to respond to ALL comments via email. AGAIN THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT!

Join the "CUTE as a BUNNY Weight Loss Challenge"

Join the "CUTE as a BUNNY Weight Loss Challenge"
Grab a Button!

Tales from the scale

Total Pageviews

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.