Okay, so I decided NOT to write about the move from hell...maybe later. The thought of writing about my horrific nightmare made me cringe every time I looked at my laptop. For now, I want to put that disaster behind me.
Plain and simple, I fell of track, and I seem to find myself eating more junk than normal. I know the stress from the move threw me into an abyss of atrocious eating coupled with no daily workouts. I saw some old ugly habits rear their head:
- eating out
- eating without thinking and making bad choices
- not tracking my food intake
And Saturday, for some strange reason I craved a corn dog. I considered Sonic as a solution to my craving, but I told my inner saboteur...NO! But then the thought occurred to me...DUH, make your own corn dog! AND I did.
Hot Diggity Corn-Dogs!
1 box of Jiffy Cornbread Mix
1 cup 1/3 milk
Hebrew National Hot Dogs
Break it down:
- Make the corn bread mix according to the directions on the box.
- Cut the hot dogs.
- Spoon the corn bread mixture into the wells of the Redi Set Go.
- Add a piece of hot dog to each well.
- Close the top on the Redi Set Go and cook for 7 minutes.
So, my plan to find my way back...take my weight loss endeavor one day at a time. Today I exercised for the first time in over a week and a half...ZUMBA!!!!!! Zumba gave me the opportunity to pop and drop it like it's hot! Tomorrow I look forward to more hip poppin FUN!
I also set two small goals for this week:
- ABSOLUTELY NO EATING OUT!
- Drink at least six 8 oz. glasses of water
I'm off like a dirty shirt. I need to focus on getting at least 8 hours of sleep. I read an article today in Newsweek stating a lack of sleep leads to weight gain. The article reinforced something I already knew...G'Night!