Friday, January 29, 2010

Forget the Cute Post Title

I am far to excited to concoct a clever post title. Why you ask? Get a load of these babies:

To-Good-To-Think-of-a-Post Title Turkey Sliders
(Okay, I developed a bad habit of posting pics, but never a recipe.)
  • 99/1 Lean Ground Turkey (Most of the time I purchase ground turkey breast...recession.)
  • 2 Mini Rolls
  • Roma Tomato
  • Great Value Southwest Spicy Mustard
  • Onions
  • Lettuce (...not brown like mine)
  • Mom's Secret No-Salt Seasoning (made by my Mom)
  • A Little Sprinkle of Shredded Cheese
  1. I used 4 oz. of raw turkey to make the meat patties. Mix the following ingredients into the raw turkey: 1/4 cup chopped onion, 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce, Mom's Secret No-Salt Seasoning.

  2. Now, mold the meat mixture into little mini patties.

  3. Next, I cooked the patties in my Redi Set Go for 10 minutes. What a surprise...I cooked the patties in my Redi Set Go (NOT!) ...lol.
  4. I then removed the patties from the RSG and added the fixins' of my choice: tomatoes, lettuce, shredded cheese, and southwest mustard.



THESE SLIDERS GET A THUMBS UP!!


Excuse my brown lettuce. Normally, I eat spring mix lettuce or green leaf or the cheapest lettuce, but NEVER iceberg lettuce. Last week I purchased my favorite salsa from HEB and received a free bag of crappy non-nutritional shredded iceberg lettuce. Who am I to pass up free lettuce?



Aloha friends, and welcome to my second installment of Aloha Friday. So, last time I inquired about the frequency of your blog posting. Thanks to your comments, I decided to post every other day, as well as auto-post. However, the thing about auto-posting...I need to find time to write the post to auto-post.

Anyway, this time I want to know your protocol for responding to comments.
  1. Do you answer ALL comment?

  2. And do your respond via email or do you respond in the comment section of the blog post?
Thanks in advance for your participation in Aloha Friday.

Well, I need to get to bed. I weigh-in tomorrow and I plan to squeeze in a workout. If all goes well at my weigh-in tomorrow, there's some grand things in store for the followers of Me So Hongry (insert mustache twirl here).

O by the way, stay tuned for my post... Awards Season.

15 comments:

  1. Hi: Just stopping by to see your blog. I love it! Enjoyed reading what you wrote and really like your pictures. Thanks for sharing. Cheers, Lia

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, those look really delicious!


    I try to answer all comments if they are answerable. Sometimes, they don't require an answer or if I get the junk, I don't even bother. If it is a new visitor/commenter, I do try to answer.
    I always respond via email.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look delicious!

    I respond to comments (usually just questions) in the comments section so that others who may have had that same question in their mind but didn't ask, can see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I respond via email to almost everyone, or at least I try. Some days I just can't get there. Only very rarely do I respond in the comments section.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They do look good!

    I respond to questions via email. I used to respond to every comment, but I really just don't have time to anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have regular readers who follow my blog and in turn I follow their blog. So, the "reply to the comment" happens naturally.

    For new people who stop by, I will in turn stop by their blog to say hi and "thanks" for popping over.

    I very, very rarely will answer a comment in my own comment section. I'll usually go over to their blog and leave a comment (if they have a blog). If not, I'll add to the post with "Edited to add"....

    I too only post a few days a week (M, W, F) and will often sit down on Sunday evening to write out my posts for that week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM! those lil sliders look TASTY! :) Be right over!lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I try to remember to answer all of my comments, but it doesnt' always happen. I never really email them back, I usualyl go to their site and reply, but I've always like the way you do it. I should do it by email like you do, its more personal that way I think.

    Good luck on your WI today Trina!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look delicious!

    I also use cabbage to substitute lettuce sometimes. Just as crunchy plus great antioxidant!

    This looks so good, I think I'll make for dinner tonight! I have the "Slider Station"! (RIP BIlly Mays, I swear, the man could sell me a bridge, I would buy it!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those look good Trina.

    Aloha Answers.
    1. If someone emails me, I usually respond immediately.
    2. I don't respond to each and every comment though unless they ask me a question...then I try to email them back directly.

    Good luck on your weigh in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are some tasty looking sliders!! Yum, Yum!

    As for the comments, I normally respond through the comment section, unless they email me. If they email me, then I respond back through email.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I try to respond to each comment via email, but I don't always know what to say. So if I don't respond, it's because I had a brain fart.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It depends on how busy I am. Sometimes I email, sometimes I comment on the post and sometimes I answer in my next post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm still salivating ! What was the question ?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your blog!!! You'are great, I love the recipes too!
    Will you write more recipes? I hope so they are great and easy to make!
    Hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete

First off all, THANKS for stopping by and for those of you following...THANKS for following AND indulging my MADNESS. Please feel free to holla back or provide your 2¢. I WILL TRY to respond to ALL comments via email. AGAIN THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT!

Join the "CUTE as a BUNNY Weight Loss Challenge"

Join the "CUTE as a BUNNY Weight Loss Challenge"
Grab a Button!

Tales from the scale

Total Pageviews

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.