Monday, January 11, 2010

Order Up. . . Today's Special!

Tonight's post may lean a little towards the bootleg side.

Definition:

Bootleg
: Although the real word means pirated music/software and illegal alcohol, anything that is "bootleg" is fake, unfashionable, or lacking in any way.

Used in a sentence:
" Lisa told me to see that movie, but the bootleg special effects left little to be desired."

Yesterday my internet gave me the blues, and tonight I mismanaged my time. So, this post
may lack my usual je ne sais quoi (French for...I don't know what) that keeps some of you coming back for more.

Just a little preview of the goodies nestled in my jazzy lunch tote:
Breakfast: Eggsters
85 g of Potatoes O'Brien
3 egg whites
Directions: Mix together egg whites and potatoes O'Brien. Season to taste and then pour into your Redi-Set-Go! Wait 7 minutes and BAM...EGGSTERS!





And of course a salad...

Snacks and Back-Up Snacks
Since I eat lunch at 10:15, yes 10:15, snacks are essential to my survival for the rest of the day.

Fresh Berries courtesy of price matching at Wal-Mart. I paid $2 bucks for these blueberries originally priced at $3.48!

An orange and 2 Clementines

I love the new Weight Watchers Roasted Almond Sensation bars...on sale this week for $3.50! When times get hard and my tummy starts talking, I bust out the PB and 1/2 a sandwich thin. I keep a measuring spoon in my bag as well. Also pictured my 0 point salad dressing which also comes in Raspberry Vinaigrette.
Tonight I intended on writing a post reflecting last weeks hits and misses. Tune in for tomorrows post...Glows and Grows.

18 comments:

  1. I just love how you put the definition of "bootleg" first!! I don't know if it's just me, maybe because I have teenagers and a tween, so I hear these words used, but a lot of people don't know what "throwback, bootleg, crackin, whack, etc" there's way too many to list, but hey... I don't mind if it means, i'm a "cool" mom. don't forget, I am Nacho girl! Watch it now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that salad dressing, too! I didn't realize it was 0 points. You're really inspiring me to start WW again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I eat lunch at 11am and I'm starving by 3! It's so tempting to go to the snack machine, so I have to make sure I take something with me! Great deal on the berries...I hardly ever buy them because of the price!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you make the parmesan??

    I can't WAIT to get my redi-set cooker for work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super hungry now looking at your lunch. Those Eggsters look so yummy (recipe??)
    And I love your lunch tote (where did you get it?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those sandwhich thins!

    I've started making my own dressing--2 t of olive oil, 2 t of balsamic, 1 t of mrs. dash--it has a nice kick and I get the oil in too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just stumbled onto your blog, and I LOVE IT!!! You make losing weight and "dieting" fun. Thanks!! I was wondering where i could find the recipe for the Eggsters, they look good!! You inspired me to get out my Eating for life cookbook and get reacquainted with the recipes!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those little egg things look sooo cute. I think I might have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the chicken "charmesan" It looks yummy. 10:15 lunch? Eegaad!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That chicken looks really good! Those almond bars are my new favorite "go to" snack. They are soo good!!!
    Loving your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this blog!!! I am soooo glad I found you! Come check out my blog! Classicmarymoments.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummy! Can you come make my breakfast and lunch for me?

    I love the WW's new bar too, but was surprised how hard they were. Maybe it was too cold? I had a hard time chewing them, but the taste was great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything looks nice & tasty! YUM!

    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  15. mmm delicious. I LOVE clementines! Cute lunch box :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for keeping us motiviated!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a Weight Watcher drop-out (more than once as a matter of fact). I'm not proud of it but blogging is anonymous, I think.... I like your motivation and your recipes. I'm in Canada so many of these nice products are not available. That's my excuse for now! LOL I will be back after I have eaten something. Your blog makes me hong-gry!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, Girl! I just found you on SITs and stopped by only to get REALLY hungry! LOL! This looks really good. I've never seen that thing you cooked the eggsters in. Is it a microwave thing? I'm going to check out your other posts so I can see your je ne sais quoi. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

First off all, THANKS for stopping by and for those of you following...THANKS for following AND indulging my MADNESS. Please feel free to holla back or provide your 2¢. I WILL TRY to respond to ALL comments via email. AGAIN THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT!

Join the "CUTE as a BUNNY Weight Loss Challenge"

Join the "CUTE as a BUNNY Weight Loss Challenge"
Grab a Button!

Tales from the scale

Total Pageviews

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.