I kid you not...5lbs lost last week. I try not to focus on numbers, but 5 lbs bares some mentioning! I tweeted my news and a fellow Tweep asked me what did I do differently last week. Well, for starters...
- After a strenuous workout, I drink an EAS protein drink or Muscle Milk to build muscle. In addition, drinking a protein beverage after working out helps your body recover.
- A couple of weeks ago I decided to double up on my physical activity. I complete both a ZUMBA and kickboxing class on Wednesday nights...two hours of hardcore sweating to the MAX! Last week I burned around 1005 calories...SHAZAAM!
- I restricted the number of times I ate "bad" sugary cereal. Why do I own bad sugary cereal? Look folks, some things (like cereal) I know I must give up, but I refuse to. I am a work in progress.
- Beans, beans, beans. I find when I eat beans I tend to lose. Unwanted side effects: GAS! My advice... I recommend you not standing downwind when the cannon fires!
- I stopped letting my new job stress me out. No more staying late...I still bring a little work home. I realized the importance of taking the time to take care of ME!
So as promised in my last post my GLOWS & GROWS!
- I need to track more consistently. Rather, I need to start tracking...PERIOD! Every week I watch other WW participants accept awards for losing. And every time the leader asks, "What's working for you?" And every time the "loser" responds, "Tracking." My iTouch makes tracking easy, but I never pick it up to track. When I rock WW the program I track my food ahead of time at night. Sometimes, I jot the food I eat down and track at the end of the day. Since losing a little balance (thanks to my new job, which I love), my tracking fell by the wayside.
- I MUST find time to plan meals and grocery shopping excursions. The key to weight loss, no the key to anything you want to accomplish...PLANNING!
- Again, I try not to get caught up in numbers, BUT...I purchased a pair of size 12 pants this weekend. Sizes vary from store to store, so I remind myself not to "judge a book by it's cover" so to speak. I really wanted these pants for work, so I told myself, "Aww what the heck...I'm gonna try this size 12." What's the worst that could happen? Worst case scenario I pull the pants over my hips, they get stuck, and then I'd call for back up from the dressing room attendants...no biggie.
- I used some new strategies to curb my late night snacking:
I purchased Life Savers and popped one in my mouth when I felt like snacking.
I stayed busy by helping my mom wrap 75 candy bars for various functions:
|The funny thing, I never wanted to eat one of these yummy chocolate bars. |
My brain entered work mode...no eating allowed!
I am already off to a bad start. Last Friday I went to the salon to get beautified for my grandmother's 95th birthday party this past weekend; so, now my hair looks FAB...to FAB to get sweaty. If my mom read this post she would say, "Either you're gonna be fat and cute with fabulous hair, or you're going to be fit and sexy with not so fabulous hair" And in my defeated voice I would reply, "Okay...I choose fit and sexy." So tomorrow...ZUMBA!