Okay...so week before last I weighed in, and nearly chucked the scale through the WW store-front when I saw the 4 lb. GAIN in my weigh in booklet! YES, 4 lbs! I thank TOM and few skipped days of taking my blood pressure meds for the gain:-( Well this past Saturday, TOM vamoosed and I got back on track with my meds...and guess what? I LOST 6.7 LBS. I KNOW...A WICKED AWESOME LOSS!!
Blogger Meet Up...
God's Favorite Shoes (my homie) suggested a Houston blogger meet up sometime during the month of November. Anyone game? If so, hit me up via email or leave a comment!
Alright, on to the crux of my post. My big loss gave me the momentum I need to stay on track and focus this week. As a result, I planned my menu and I am actually executing it. You know planning is key, but planning only works when you FOLLOW the plan...DUH. Many many weeks I sat myself down, made a menu and veered from the menu by eating random crap like frozen dinners.
Well, as I thumbed through some recipe books, I found one of my breakfast favorites in the Body for Life Cookbook by Bill Phillips.
EGG-cellent Ham and Cheese Casserole
Ingredients:2 cups frozen diced Potatoes (The recipe calls for Ore Ida Hash Browns in the frozen section, but I used Simply Potatoes... pictured below.)
1 cup cooked lean ham, diced ( I used the deli meat pictured below.)
½ cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 green onions
1¼ cup egg substitute
½ cup skim milk
½ cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
Break It Down:
1. Preheat oven to 325
2. Lightly coat a 9"X13" baking dish with cooking spray. I used an 8"X8" baking dish.
3. Layer potatoes evenly on the bottom of the dish; top with ham, mushrooms and onions.
4. In a small mixing bowl, beat egg substitute and skim milk with a fork or whisk until well blended. Pour egg mixture over ham and vegetables in baking dish and top with cheese.
5. Top with cheese and bake until eggs are firm and top is lightly browned, approximately 40 minutes.
6. Cut into 4 portions and enjoy!
I entered the recipe into Weight Watcher's recipe builder. Each piece of casserole..3 pts.
3 POINTS...WHY THAT'S JUST EGG-CELLENT!