Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Friends Makin' Monday: Three Things


*I made every effort to actually publish this post on Monday, but to no avail...time defeated me! 
"Sounds like sombody's got a case of the Mondays"
Nina...Office Space
Today I experienced a brief case of the Mondays. But after one cup of coffee,  I made a speedy recovery. So, every Monday Kenlie from the blog All the Weigh hosts Friend Makin' Mondays.

Since the topic peaked my interest, I decided to participate this week.  If you consider yourself a FMM vet, then you know the rules. Those new to FMM, take the time to answers this week's question on your own blog and then add your link to the comments section of Kenlie's blog.  Please invite your blog readers to participate too. Well let's get started and make some new friends!

1.  Three of my favorite movies (Just 3? When do I ever follow the rules? Not often.):
  • Imitation of Life, A Summer Place, All About Eve
  • Au Revoir Les Enfants, Dead Snow
  • The Wiz..."Ease on down, ease on down the rooooad!"
  • Sixteen Candles, Weird Science, Some Kind of Wonderful, Valley Girl, Heathers
  • A Clockwork Orange, Trainspotting
2.  Three of my favorite things to drink:
  • Sonic Slushes (Spiked...what? Everybody does it! My favorite...strawberry cream slush with Tequila Rose)


  • Wine (Riesling or Pinot Grigio...Pino Greezsh as I like to call it)
  • Hot Cocoa (...when the Texas weather permits)
3.  Three of my favorite songs (JUST 3?!? You know me the REBEL!):
  • Hometown Glory by Adele
  • Back Stabbers by the O'Jays
  • Little Bit by Lykke Li (...the Drake/Lykke Li remix too...)
  • That Girl by Esthero
  • Paul Revere by The Beastie Boys
  • Gymnopedie No. 1 Piano by Eric Sate (I heard this song in commercials and movies.  Thanks to Shazam I finally discovered the title.)

4.  Three people who have recently been a positive influence on your life (outside of your family): I struggled with this question. I need to get back to you on this one:-(


5. Three things you do to keep yourself entertained:
  • Read...mainly trash.  I just explained to someone today, that I read for entertainment, not to learn. If I wanted to learn I would go back to school and finish my Master's Degree.  Just kidding. Quite often I shift to brainiac mode and read to gain knowledge.
  • Start hobbies and never finish them.  I own my own personal HOBBIES GRAVEYARD....where hobbies go to die.
  • People watch O_o and then I provide  my own commentary to the multitude of hotmessness engulfing my surroundings.
6. Three things you're attracted to in the opposite sex:
  • sense of humor
  • conversationalist
  • SWAG-Confidence with a hint of arrogance, but not to douchebaggy...
7.  Three things I love about myself:
  • my humor
  • my resilience
  • my tenacity....you get in my way and it's ON! Try me!
8. The last three people who texted messaged me:
  • Angie...my homie who I endearingly refer to as Hooker, Hooks for short.
  • Jabari...my quirky friend
  • Kaitlyn/Jessica...co-workers, who I enjoyed working with this year.
9.  Three things I am looking forward to this week:
  • Assisting my mom, as well as my boys, at Career Day at my school of employment.  My mom  plans to discuss her cake artistry and the boys aim to encourage the students wanting to pursue a career in dance.
  • Hanging out with a friend tomorrow....movie & cocktails!
  • A BREAK...my boys get one final break from dancing, teaching, and assisting. A much  needed a break before the summer performance schedule kicks off!
10. Three wishes specifically for yourself...What are they? (Be selfish, and be honest)
  • A BOYFRIEND-->FIANCE-->HUSBAND...in that order! I require a financially stable or independently wealthy suitor with reliable transportation. He must own his own humble abode...WITHOUT A PARENTAL UNIT ON THE PREMISES! The number of men who STILL reside with their mother surprises me. I prefer a potential spouse without a criminal record and gold teeth. Tatts and piercings...no problem. Would it be to much to ask that he's easy on the eyes? He MUST treat me like a queen and accept my boys...what's not to love?!
  • Untold riches...
  • MORE WISHES...I'm greedy!
11. Three of your favorite quotes:
  • "Behind every successful person is a pack of HATERS."
  • "I may not be the STRONGEST, I may not be the FASTEST...but I'll be dammed if I'm not trying my HARDEST!"
  • "Life is a dance from one stage to the next!"
12. Three of your biggest fears:
  • Struggling with my weight forever...
  • Dying alone
  • Failing as a parent
13. Three of your favorite TV shows:
  • Project Runway
  • The Walking Dead
  • True Blood
  • Portlandia
  • Dexter...was that 5? My bad.
  • Suits
  • Being Human (U.K. and U.S)
  • Weeds...oops, that makes 8.
14. Three of your favorite things to purchase when shopping:
  • SHOES
  • SHOES
  • SHOES
15. Three things you enjoyed last week:
  • Watching my boys perform with FLY Wellness and Movement Arts!
My oldest!

And that's my youngest in the front with his hand over his mouth...he refers to that pose as his default SWAG move...lol.

  • WORK! Yes, you read that correctly...work. Last school year proved to be a living hell! This year...heaven on earth. I enjoy my students and the company of my co-teachers! Now I teach Special Ed as opposed to teaching first grade last year.
  • An outing with a friend...dinner, a movie, and cocktails...
16. Three things that you always have in your bag or close to you if you're not a purse kind of person:
  • iPhone
  • iPad
  • Mac Lip Gloss
17.  Three foods that you wouldn't want to give up:
  • PIZZA
  • BREAD PRODUCTS
  • PEANUT BUTTER
18. Three things you enjoy doing while burning calories:
  • Dancing
  • Zumba
  • "Hiking" with my boys (This video captures the hilarity and hijinks during a hiking outing).

19. Three things you dislike about blogging:
  • Cliques...Sometime I feel the blog world seems a tad bit clique-ish. I experienced a taste of popularity in high school, so at this point in my life the need to fit in or control who gains access into the "cool" blogging cliques disinterest me.  "Can't we all just get along!" Some of you well known blogger "a.k.a. the "popular kids" need to take the time to acquaint yourself with the "blog minions" such as myself. Use your power for good and give us peons some exposure. A few bloggers confided in me that the cliques make them feel left out. And to that I say...if you feel left out, focus on other blogs. You'll always have a friend in me.
  • To BIG for their britches Bloggers...Some blogger reach their goal and forget where they came from. Hey, you once struggled like I did, so jump off your judgemental soapbox and help your fellow weight loss bloggers. And by help I mean offer inspiration, not your judgemental self-righteousness.
  • Lack of blogging time...Plain and simple, life gets in the way. I blog when the opportunity presents itself.
20. Three ways blogging has changed your life:
  • I met a variety of blogging personalities who I wished lived closer to me, especially TJ from TJ's Test Kitchen. If she lived near me, she would need a restraining order to keep me away from her delicious eats.
  • Blogging keeps me somewhat accountable. With the support of my blog buddies I manage to keep most of the weight off, but I STILL struggle on a day to day basis...such is the nature of the beast.
  • My blog serves as an opportunity for free therapy . It provides the outlet for me to share my weight loss trials and tribulations with other bloggers that "get it," so to speak.  I love the fact that you allow me to entertain and inspire you.
Now it's your turn. Don't forget to link up with Kenlie!

3 comments:

  1. Trina! Don't worry about posting late. I just saw this on Tuesday and thought it was better late than say.... never? You are coooool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a feisty little something aren't ya!

    I haven't seen you in ages! Lets schedule a hike somewhere.....I will drive to you or whatever.

    My only requirement is that we do it early or late evening (because you know the heat is out to kill folks!)

    P.S...I'm slowly getting back on the wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog. I just started mine (http://greaselovinggirl.blogspot.com/) and have also noticed the "blog cliques", but I keep blogging for me, and if people want to read it it's out there.

    Thanks for your wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete

First off all, THANKS for stopping by and for those of you following...THANKS for following AND indulging my MADNESS. Please feel free to holla back or provide your 2¢. I WILL TRY to respond to ALL comments via email. AGAIN THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT!

Join the "CUTE as a BUNNY Weight Loss Challenge"

Join the "CUTE as a BUNNY Weight Loss Challenge"
Grab a Button!

Tales from the scale

Total Pageviews

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.