Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Me & Dexter...or is it Dexter & I?

I usually like to post daily, but I fell behind on my blogging thanks to my new AT&T U-Verse! I got 2 words for you...LOVE IT! Comcast or as a friend of mine put it"Comcrap" can suck it!

So...while checking out the on-demand options, I discovered Dexter seasons 1-3. As a result, yesterday and today, I found myself caught up in season 1. I previously viewed a few episodes when CBS aired Dexter during the writer's strike, and I liked it! Tomorrow...two words...season 2.

Any who, I made it through the July 4th weekend unscathed. I DECLARED MY INDEPENDENCE! I declared my Independence from the food repressing my inner sexy! People, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all FOOD is NOT created equal, and it is my right as a people (intentional bad grammar) to alter or abolish it!" I WILL NOT GO DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT!

I must say, I fared rather well with my 4th of July food options. Basically, I refrained from going overboard with the buffet. I went to the festivities with the mindset to use my extra weekly points on prepared seasonal favorites, meaning foods available or prepared only on special occasions. For example, during Christmas my mom makes pecan candy a.k.a. pralines, and that is worth all 35 of my weekly bonus points.

My 4th of July temptations:

Cream Cheese Pound Cake





Italian Cream Cake





Homemade " I don't-know-what-to-call-it-mix"





Homemade Ginger Snaps...YUM!






3 comments:

  1. Im HUNGRY now! lol

    We love Dexter! We rent them on Netflix cuz we dont get the channel that they are on- but its a great show! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the food pics. Made me hungry. Glad 2 see you are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ TJ...OMG! I am losing sleep over Dexter. That show is awesome! As soon as I finish Season 3, I'm going to start watching the Tudors.

    @ Stormy...Thanks for your support and the food WAS delish.

    ReplyDelete

First off all, THANKS for stopping by and for those of you following...THANKS for following AND indulging my MADNESS. Please feel free to holla back or provide your 2¢. I WILL TRY to respond to ALL comments via email. AGAIN THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT!

Join the "CUTE as a BUNNY Weight Loss Challenge"

Join the "CUTE as a BUNNY Weight Loss Challenge"
Grab a Button!

Tales from the scale

Total Pageviews

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.