My kids MADE me play Harry Potter SCENE IT! twice last night into the wee hours of the morning. So now, like my gas tank, I sit here running on fumes. Just kidding...my gas tank stays full during this time of year due to Hurricane season.So I joined OPERATION FAT BLASTER (OFB) last week! Curios????? Michelle over at Secrets of a Former Fat Girl faces the challenge of losing her last 45 pounds, so she created Operation Fat Blaster (OFB). For more information or to join click the OFB link or the OFB box located in my sidebar.
My reason for joining OFB...I plan to run my first 5K in October, The Susan B. Koman Race for the Cure. Just call me the 5K Kommando.* With the help and support of the OFB members, I plan to set goals, as well as follow through with these goals to help prepare for for my first 5K run. So far I find the support beneficial to my weight loss and 5K endeavor. I just hope I stick with it...by it I mean OFB.
Why did I join you ask? No rules. Like Michelle said, "The more rules there are, the more likely I'm not going to follow them."Michelle went on to say that you know what works for you and the bottom line: THIS IS YOUR CHALLENGE, YOUR LIFE, YOUR RULES!
Real quick my goals at a glance:
- No grains at dinner.
- Increase water intake.
- Eat out 2 monthly and kids eat out once a week (2 out of 4 a healthy choice, which they make on their own. They love Schlotsky's)
- Try new products weekly.
- Try new recipe weekly.
- Bottom line: 5 to 6 times weekly.
- Muscle confusion weekly
- Weights at least 3 times a week
- Continue and COMPLETE Couch to 5K (C25K)
Take care of me:
- GO TO BED AT A DECENT TIME! I need to figure out what decent means. Perhaps 10:00 PM or maybe 10:30 PM.
- Massage once a month.
- Pedi once a month(I would prefer twice monthly...dayum recession)
- Mani once a month (Again, I would prefer twice a month but......)
OOOOOOOOO...I forgot to mention each week you must complete a Special Ops. mission. This week I needed to determine what 1 thing or things stand in the way of my weight loss success. Stay tuned for tomorrow's post to discover my one thing.*Side note: I know how to spell commando...C and not a K. I enjoy a little play of words every now and then.