Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The NOT so ITSY BITSY spider clogged up the waterspout...

A few weeks ago a friend of mine, D, sent me an email expressing her weight loss frustrations. She reached her limit or "last straw" as I refer to it and vowed to make every effort to drop some pounds. D's email forced me to recall the last straw that brought me to WW.

October
2008

October 2009

That hideous spider picture symbolizes my "last straw" so to speak. I took one glance at this photo and shuddered in disgust. Look at my stomach. It appears as though I may give birth to a sac of baby spiders.

Why am I dressed like a spider you ask? In Texas, public schools celebrate Red Ribbon Week to encourage students to "Say no to drugs!" Fortunately for me last year's theme, Drugs Bug Me, fulfilled my lifelong dream of dressing as the Roly Poly Spider...not really.

Long story short, my class donned spider outfits and paraded around the school for the "Drugs Bug Me" rally. Just between you and me...if given a choice, I prefer ladybugs. Since red is my signature color and looks fabulous with my skin tone, a ladybug costume might have been more flattering. No, on second thought, me wearing a big red ladybug costume brings the image of the Kool-Aid dude to mind...

8 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha! Kool aid man... lol.

    I love reading you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a brave woman to post a "last straw" picture. I have my last straw picture in my head...it was when I caught a glimpse of the back of my things in the mirror...yep, that was my last straw.

    Your 2009 pic is fabulous (btw)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol great post, great pics! We all have a last straw moment..mine is that close up of my face on my blog- my skin was so tight it hurt...nuff said! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I like your spider costume--it's very good!

    Congrats on your SITS day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL - oh, no, not Kool Aid Man! I'm amazed at your before and after pics - you look like a whole new woman!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you for making the decision to lose weight! I with you on the whole WW repeat offender, I just haven't gotten the ambition to go back again.

    Congrats on your SITS day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this makes me want to dig up my own "last straw" pic!

    Kudos to you for being brave enough to make a change!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh man, I love it - the bravery of putting out there the straw that broke your "camel's back", and the difference between 2008 and 2009!! gah...so cool.

    ReplyDelete

First off all, THANKS for stopping by and for those of you following...THANKS for following AND indulging my MADNESS. Please feel free to holla back or provide your 2¢. I WILL TRY to respond to ALL comments via email. AGAIN THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT!

Join the "CUTE as a BUNNY Weight Loss Challenge"

Join the "CUTE as a BUNNY Weight Loss Challenge"
Grab a Button!

Tales from the scale

Total Pageviews

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.